On the date of election, each of the council members and mayor shall:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a citizen of the United States of America;
- be a registered, qualified voter of the State of Texas;
- shall have resided continuously for 12 months preceding the election at which he or she is a candidate, within the corporate limits of Euless;
A member of the council ceasing to possess any of the qualifications specified in this section, or any other sections of the City Charter, or convicted of a felony before or while in office, shall immediately forfeit his office.
No council person shall hold any other public office except that of Notary Public, member of the armed forces of the United States or of the National Guard or naval or military reserve or as a retired member of the armed forces of the United States.
In accordance with State law, the City Secretary's Office will accept applications from qualified persons interested in running for City Council during the "filing period".
State law identifies the filing period as:
- First day to file an application for place on ballot - 108th day before election
- Last day to file an application for place on ballot - 78th day before election
During the "filing period", qualified persons may file as a candidate between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the City Secretary's Office at City Hall, 201 N. Ector Drive, Euless.
Mayor, Council Place 2, and Council Place 4 will next be elected in May 2020 (first Saturday in May).
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 817-685-1419.